SCCT – Building image and changing perception
Suez Canal container Terminal, SCCT- Building image and changing perception
- Suez Canal container Terminal, SCCT is the largest containerterminal complex in the Mediterranean and the Middle East, located in East Port Said.
- SCCT has direct impact on trade, economy and maritime business in Egyptand is the largest employer in Port Said
- Complex sector with a large number of stakeholders that requiresunderstanding of the political scene, speedy & flexible response to industry and political changes.
- Negative publicity and ongoing attacks in the media positioning SCCT indirect competition and conflict with Suez canal
- Positioned SCCT as a leader and authority in the sector and a partner in Egypt’s transport future
- Developed a strategic campaign to raise profile and advocate business needs and priorities
- Regular cooperation with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive and engaging tools to deliver key messages.
- Developed a sustained media relations campaign to raise the company’s market profile
- Regular media events, briefings, terminal tours, conferences..etc.
- Regular flow of news through press releases and interviews with management
- Participation in high profile conferences and events that shape Egypt’s transport future
- Developed a pool of spokespeople to comment in the media and presented them as sector experts presence in the media.
- High profile visits to terminal including the Egyptian president
- High visibility in industry and business events
- Media trips to other APM terminals
- In 3 months the activities helped drive a significant positioning of the company with a 766 % increase in positive media coverage.
- Desired business Decisions and projects were announced by the Egyptian government at EEDC
- Side channel signing ceremony on November 2015